What I am Doing...

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yummmmm Steak!


There is something satisfying about a good, well-rounded hot lunch. Who knew that once you enter the labor force you so rarely get the luxury?

For the past 4 weeks, I have been working off-site on a pipeline assessment job. This assessment stuff is a really big money maker for my department so this is a super important project to be apart of. Its cool working on this high profile job; it is NOT cool eating lunch at this job. There is no place to go eat, no refrigerator to put a lunch, no microwave to warm up food. I have been sack lunching it for 4 weeks.....and I have had enough! After a month of living on peanut butter on apples and pretzels, I came home and made myself.............Steak.

Nothing else, just seared meat. I made enough for only me, and I savored every morsel while my poor animals looked on in intense jealousy. The picture is on the actual steak I consumed. It was dee-lish-oooous. In no way do I consider this random meal excessive.....merely payback for all the good food I missed while writing reports out of my mobile office.

Oh dearest School Lunch Lady.....I miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Jay: As a prominent member of the Brown Bagger's Organization For The Preservation And Non-Consumption Of Fine Foods And Delicacies (BBOFTPANCOFFAD), I must say that I am in shock that you would cast down the convenience and customizibilitytion of a standard sack lunch. The sack lunch represents the backbone of the American workforce and is not to be shunned lightly. I urge you to consider this and the efforts of those who have come before you the next time you consider speaking so slanderously of our heritage.

Be Proud Of Your Sack!
Sincerely,
P. B. Andjay