What I am Doing...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In


I was literally days away from calling it quits on Charter (my cable TV provider). The promotional that we had was over and we were paying more for our cable than we wanted to. Charter didn't have many stations that I wanted such as ESPN2 HD, ESPNU, Fox Sports Detroit HD and the NFL Network. I got a letter yesterday that Charter was now going to carry ESPN2 HD, ESPNU, and FSD HD. It's like they were reading my mind. It's so cool to be able to watch the Tigers in High Definition every night. By no means am I now happy with Charter, they still gouge us with their rates because we have no other cable TV options in Grand Haven. At least now there is hope. I can "ditch the dish" for a little longer. We're probably going to cancel our DVR and by our own TIVO, you can own your own for the cost of a few months of renting one. We're also going to cut out our HBO channels which we never watch but were included in the promotion that we had. They try to get you by getting you into the nice package and hope you'll forget and just pay the bill when the promotion ends. So in short, don't buy a TV... they cost money.

In other news in my world, my softball team got beat BADLY for the second week in a row. We lost to the American Legion team 18-8. It's funny, we scored 5 runs in the first and things looked good for us. In the bottom of the first, we surrendered 8 runs. After the first inning, things settled down for a bit. Then, in the 5th we gave up 10 more runs. If it wasn't for those two innings we probably would have won. So it's looking like we still have some work to do to show we belong in this division. Next week we play at Mulligan's Hollow at 9:00 pm. Come cheer us on, we need to get this season turned around.

So it looks like our lovable Tigers are back, along with Joel Zumaya. They were starting to worry me and they still have work to do, but they are fighting for it. They just need to win 2 out of every 3 games, and let the rest work it's way out. With the pitching starting to come around, which was our downfall of late, there is no reason to think we won't have a legitimate shot at either the division or the wild card.

I think I'm going to start a new section of my blog. It will be call "T-shirt of the day". I've seen so many shirts out there that are either really clever or really funny and thought I would share some of them, the tame ones.

"I Heart Hart"
It's a play on words with the U of M running back's name, Mike Hart. This year is gonna be a great one for the senior and heisman contender.

Buy This Shirt

3 comments:

momN said...

you are a step ahead with cabel jay all off us dish people have had a real problem with all the rain we have been having
lightening stuck our dish two days ago and took the sound out of our dish, took us a while to find out we had to unplug it and reset it
hope tigers don't get rainned out tonight because, dad said if they do we GET to go to Cabelin I can't wait! GO TIGERS IN THE RAIN

Anonymous said...

Love the T-Shirt. I will have to get one for Uncle Bruce, we really like Hart.

Also don't be to hard on the dish as it is our bread and butter, remember Uncle Bruce works for them.

See ya'll

Jay said...

i'm not dissing the dish, as a matter of fact i'm really serious about switching to it. but i'm staying for now with the new stuff added.