What I am Doing...

Monday, August 6, 2007

Softball


Softball starts back up tonight for me and some of my friends. Tonight is my church team (First Presbyterian Church). We just found out that we're in the same division as my previous team, Mike Schaap Builders. They're really good, so this should be interesting. My other team, Neitring Fine Carpentry, starts on Wednesday and we'll be defending our championship... except in a tougher division. I'll be keeping stats and such on here for those of you who are interested. Wish us luck.

Coast Guard went by pretty fast for us, as it normally does. We made our rounds for the parade, seeing different family and friends. Later we watched the fireworks from the roof of our church, which turned out being a pretty sweet view of Grand Haven. Justin and I made a run for elephant ears and lemonades in a vehicle right before the fireworks started, turned out being a epic move. I carried 3 lemonades up the ladder to the roof, not one drop was lost... maybe.

The Tigers capped off an awesome weekend of sub-par baseball by losing to the White Sox completing a series sweep. It was a demonstration of a team that had been plagued by injuries beating a team that is now plagued by injuries. It's a good thing we don't have to play them again until next month, when we'll hopefully have a healthier team. Don't panic, they will pull through this as long as players heal.

The Lions open preseason play this Thursday on FOX @ 7:30 against the Bengals. I think the Lions can be good this year, but we'll find out early. I'm excited to see Mike Martz's offense with Calvin Johnson (rookie wide receiver) in it.

No comments: