What I am Doing...

Monday, August 27, 2007

A More Pleasant Goodbye

The 1984 Galaxy boat has gone to a better place, and that better place is Kentucky. Various members of the family, mostly my dad and I, spent much quality time coaxing and persuading the attention deprived boat to start. We're sorry Galaxy for not being there for you when you needed us. You needed dry gas to keep condensation out of your fuel, and we gave you shade under a tree and it's leaves in the fall. All you really needed was a little more TLC than we could offer and you'd be a nice, reliable boat. We're sorry Galaxy. But now, you've got a new home in Kentucky with a new owner in Jeff who may sound a little funny at first, but in no time you'll be adopting that same southern draw. The rumors are not true that as soon as you left the driveway on your way to your new home, my dad called to look for your replacement in a seadoo. It's also not true that we thought "nobody wanted you" and you we're "past your prime". You were good for us Galaxy. All of those slow 10 mph rides on skis as I drank all of Spring Lake until you could muster up enough speed to pull me out of the water were just making me a better skier. Each time we would turn around going full speed and you would lose half of your speed, we would say you were "just being safe". Galaxy, it's been real and it's been fun...

Opening week for college football is upon us, I'm a little excited. I'd be more excited if I could actually watch the Michigan game on Saturday. The Big Ten Network, which launches on Thursday, will be carrying the game. The only problem is there isn't any cable providers that have a deal with the "BTN" yet. But nonetheless, football is here...

The Tigers may be back, keyword may. Tonight they put up 16 runs on the Yankees to win the series 3-1. The funny thing is the stats from the game. The only home run was hit by Polanco, who doesn't hit many home runs. The only triple was hit by Casey, who runs slower than my dad... I love you Dad. And Brandon Inge, who is not feared at all from the plate, went 3 for 4 with 3 doubles and 4 rbi's. It was a fun one to watch, unless you are a Yankee's fan.

T-Shirt Of The Day:
"Magglio's Barber Shop"

Pay homage to our MVP front runner and frizzy haired Magglio Ordonez with a Magglio's Barber Shop T-shirt.

Buy This Shirt

1 comment:

momN said...

you need to find better things to blog about!!
dad said the same thing when casey ran the bases "HE runs like me"
It was a good game for those who batched it to the end !!!!